St.Paul’s School imparte las tres modalidades del Bachillerato:
- Bachillerato de Ciencias y Tecnología
- Bachillerato de Humanidades y Ciencias Sociales
- Bachillerato Artístico
We prepare our pupils for a future in a constantly changing world.
Subjects are taught in English, Spanish and Catalan.
In Bach, we work towards an environment in which the teaching is both creative and appropriate for the demands of the modern world as well as being an enriching experience. Pupils learn in a climate of trust, responsibility and encouragement.
Great importance is attached to character building and the establishment of firm democratic, social and ethical values.
We encourage on-going learning and critical thinking; we want our pupils to see that studying is the way to a deeper understanding and the opening-up of new horizons. Knowledge comes not only with reasoning but also requires understanding, experience, study and trust.
We want our pupils to know how to conduct themselves in all situations and to be able to act responsibly on matters affecting their personal development and physical well-being. We aim for our pupils to become responsible citizens who are respectful towards both the environment and the society in which they live.
We give central importance to:
- Intellectual competence: academic excellence and high standards.
- Fluency in English, Spanish and Catalan.
- A second foreign language: French.
- Life skills: organisation, perseverance, independence.
- Leadership skills.
- Emotional intelligence: communication, teamwork, understanding, negotiating.
- Critical thinking.
- Physical and emotional well-being.
- High ethical standards.
- Enthusiastic involvement.
- The pursuit of excellence.
- Competence in the use of new technologies.
- The willingness to learn from others.
Other important activities:
- Study periods.
- Catering to the individual needs of the pupils.
- Pupil support.
- Detailed advice about future careers and university choice.
- Visits to research centres.
- Talks by ex-pupils.
- Young entrepreneurs (1 Bach).
- Specific preparation for PAU (Spanish university entrance examinations).
- Cultural trips: Brussels and the European Parliament, Madrid.
- THIMUN: participation of the pupils in 1 Bach in a model assembly of the United Nations.
- Social and volunteer work.